Tuesday Tip: Retrain Your Brain
Working should NOT be my #1 night-time priority. Sleep should be my #1 priority. But my brain doesn’t always do the should.
Does this happen to you? I lay awake and think of 1,000 things I need to do. My brain just wont shut off. My friend Dr. Drew Ramsey recommends making a schedule in order to retrain your brain to sleep.
- Exhaust your body during the day
- Go to the gym after work and work out hard
- After a nice meal, read a book or watch non-stimulating TV show
- Dim the lights
- Have a cup of herbal tea.
- 10 pm – start winding down
- Turn all screens off
- Take a hot bath
- Keep lights low while brushing your teeth and getting into bed.
- Worried about your inbox? Ask yourself – “Is it more important than my health?”
Add to your sleeping experience with music for tranquil slumber, Jim Brickman’s Soothe For Sleep
Want more ways to soothe your life? Jim’s Brickman’s book Soothe has more ideas.
Thankyou, Jim for your beautiful, relaxing, calming music!
I have been a fan since the beginning of your wonderful career…. as you have helped me through both the good and the challenging times life brings.
I continue to have insomnia, seven years, now, after my husband passed away after our second ” valiant fight” with cancer!
Your music helps me more than anything else…. to simply ” soothe my soul” after some very long, trying days.
Thankyou, Jim, for recognizing the great need of many….. to calm us down at day’s end!Your music brings much peace to my life.God bless you.