Tuesday Tip: Retrain Your Brain
Working should NOT be my #1 night-time priority. Sleep should be my #1 priority. But my brain doesn’t always do the should.
Does this happen to you? I lay awake and think of 1,000 things I need to do. My brain just wont shut off. My friend Dr. Drew Ramsey recommends making a schedule in order to retrain your brain to sleep.
- Exhaust your body during the day
- Go to the gym after work and work out hard
- After a nice meal, read a book or watch non-stimulating TV show
- Dim the lights
- Have a cup of herbal tea.
- 10 pm – start winding down
- Turn all screens off
- Take a hot bath
- Keep lights low while brushing your teeth and getting into bed.
- Worried about your inbox? Ask yourself – “Is it more important than my health?”