Fall Asleep Like Jim Brickman with Progressive Muscle Relaxation
When it’s time for bed do you toss, turn and stare at the clock? Try the technique developed by sleep specialist Dr. Stephanie Silberman that’s used by Jim Brickman and so many others. Progressive Muscle Relaxation is a simple way to fall asleep naturally.
Here’s how to do it.
- First lie down in bed in a comfortable position on your back
- Start at your toes and tighten the muscles there.
- Hold for 5 seconds. Release.
- Continue with each muscle group traveling up the length of your entire body.
- Isolate and tighten your legs, thighs, hips, belly, chest etc.
- Practice breathing in through the nose and out through your mouth during this process.
You should feel relaxed by the time you reach your head and neck.
Add to your sleeping experience with music for tranquil slumber, Jim Brickman’s Soothe For Sleep
Want more ways to soothe your life? Jim’s Brickman’s book Soothe has more ideas.