Grammy nominated arranger, producer, songwriter and performer Paul Psarras was thrust into music and dance at an early age. Whether playing traditional Greek music with his twin brother or listening to family favorites such as Elvis, The Beatles or The Beach Boys, Paul’s musical palette draws from a broad range of influences.
Now, one of the world’s most versatile performers, Paul first began playing keyboard and guitar before the age of 6. He then later took up the saxophone, oud, tzoura, saz, and eventually the classical guitar. Paul credits his teachers throughout school as indelible influences in teaching him about the artistic integrity he embodies today. Ultimately, Paul pursued two performance degrees from The San Francisco Conservatory. While at the Conservatory, his collaborations with world-renowned artists continue to rank as some of his most inspiring to date.
His long list of concert appearances and performances have also led him to share the stage with some of the biggest names in Greek pop music such as Glykeria and Elena Paparizou in esteemed venues from New York’s Carnegie Hall to the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles. In recording his album in Athens, Paul enlisted legendary Maestro Nikos Zervas as producer. The recording was done at Odeon Studios with some of the best session musicians in Greece, including beloved soloist Manolis Karantinis.
PAUL’S CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Paul Psarras recorded his first solo guitar album, “Cascade”, in 2017, however his storied performance career predates the release of that album.
- Grammy-nomination for his role in the album “Kingdoms of Castille”, with period music specialists El Mundo (2012)
- Featured classical guitar soloist with various orchestras spanning California for his performance of Rodrigo’s, “Concierto de Aranjuez” (2011-2016)
- Performed with the San Francisco Opera and San Francisco Symphony (2010-2011)
- Featured on RTS (Radio Television Suisse) for his performance in the Fete de Geneve in Geneva, Switzerland (2014)
- Chosen as 1 of 8 global finalists in the Falletta International Guitar Competition in Buffalo, New York (2016)
- Featured in the all-star San Francisco group Pacific Guitar Ensemble, debuting his original composition “Alkioni” for oud and guitars (2011)
Tom Fuller’s new single “Forever I’m Yours” follows 2019’s Top 30 A/C hit “Doin’ Nothin’”. His fifth album,
the highly personal “Waterfall” is scheduled for release in Spring of 2020.
“It’s me up there. It’s my pain, my happiness… it’s very vulnerable.” – Ryan Chernin. His new song “Facetime” is in the Artist Spotlight.
After years of writing hits for others, Danny Griego is keeping some songs to himself. He is in this weeks Jim Brickman Show – Artist Spotlight